If hip pain is not treated, it may worsen over time, weaken the muscles in the legs, and reduce mobility. At Regenerative Medical Group, located in Orange, California, use a comprehensive and individualized strategy to help your ailment and ensure an increased recovery.
Hip pain is a frequent ailment that several circumstances can bring on. The precise location of your hip discomfort may contain important details regarding its underlying cause. Instead of the hip, you can have pain in the groin or thigh.
Hip issues and illnesses can occasionally cause pain in other areas of your body, such as your lower back. This type of suffering is known as referred pain.
What causes hip pain?
There are various causes of hip pain. The most common causes include the following:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Septic arthritis
- Bone cancer
- Metastatic cancer
Medical attention for Hip pain
Osteoarthritis, tendinitis, a pulled muscle, or a torn tendon most likely cause your hip pain. Using an over-the-counter pain treatment like acetaminophen or a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen or naproxen will usually relieve this.
Other approaches to pain relief, such as TENS(Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation), are also available. It is a quick-acting pain reliever for hip issues that increases blood flow and relaxes the nervous system to enable you to combat discomfort.
However, you should contact your doctor immediately if the hip is bleeding, you can see exposed bone or muscle, you hear a cracking sound, or you cannot put any weight on it. It is best to watch out for the following signs in addition to hip pain:
Other scenarios that should prompt a call to your doctor for help:
- Sudden hip pain
- Hip pain triggered by a fall or injury
- Bleeding or deformed joints
- Popping noise in the injured joint
- Intense pain
- Inability to put any weight on your hip
- Inability to move your leg or hip
At Eastside Family Health Center, we encourage your body's intrinsic healing processes to help it revitalize itself. We offer many of these regenerative treatments to help you feel better.
What are the services provided by RMG?
- Prolotherapy, PRP, and other injections may be administered to the afflicted area to aid tissue regeneration and healing.
- Peptide therapy helps your muscles and tissues heal, suppresses chronic inflammation, and lessens muscle discomfort.
- OMT (osteopathic manipulative treatment) can help you move more freely, perform better, and have less pain or uncomfortable spasms in the affected area.
- A combination of vitamins, minerals, and nourishment is provided by IV therapy to help nourish your bones for improved strength and faster recovery.
- Physical therapy is an exercise plan that emphasizes hip strengthening and aids in recovery and range-of-motion enhancement.