Adults frequently complain of knee pain, typically brought on by regular wear and tear from activities like walking, bending, standing, and lifting. At Regenerative Medical Group, located in Orange, California uses a comprehensive and individualized strategy to treat the ailment and ensure a quick and complete recovery.
Extreme joint pain occurs when any external, environmental, or natural source damages the ligaments, tendons, bone, and cartilage that make up the knee joint.
What are the different causes of knee pain?
- Patellar tendinitis
- Iliotibial syndrome
- Dislocated kneecap
The different types of arthritis that can affect the knee are listed as follows:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Septic arthritis
- Fracture (broken bone)
- Baker's cyst
What are the risk factors?
- Excess weight
- Lack of muscle flexibility or strength
- Certain sports or occupations, including skiing, basketball, construction, farming, etc.
- Previous injuries
What are the symptoms of knee pain?
The following symptoms may be present in the knee's afflicted area, depending on the underlying cause, such as tendonitis, fractures, ligament injuries, or any kind of arthritis:
- Pain tenderness
- Decreased range of motion
- Loss in flexibility
- Excess weight
- Physical inspection by the doctor
We can precisely identify the issue location, analyze the situation, and choose the best course of action using these imaging tools, physical tests, and the medical expertise and understanding of our specialists at RMG.
Treatment and care
If you think you may have hurt your knee, rest immediately and administer ice to the damaged area.
RMG provides the following:
1. PRP, prolotherapy, and other injections to help the affected area
2. Osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) for conditions like tendonitis involves:
a.) Soft-tissue stretching (fascial release)
b.) Localized isometric contraction-relaxation (muscle energy)
c.) Positional or facilitative relaxation (counter strain and balanced ligamentous tension)
d.) Gentle techniques to balance motion in the skull (cranial osteopathy)
3. Vitamins, minerals, and nourishment are combined in IV infusion therapy to help strengthen the immune system and reduce pain and inflammation.
4. Physical rehabilitation in cases that need it, such as fracture, subluxation, or complete dislocation.